I ran the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon sans iPod in 2013 - my slowest half marathon to date - which may have been my undoing. I thought all of the external stimuli Disney provides at their races might have kept me going - I really didn't want to miss anything.
Lesson learned - I took my iPod with me during the Disney Star Wars Rebel Challenge earlier this year.
Music definitely keeps me motivated. I have kind of an eclectic music taste though - my list reflects pop, classic rock, movie soundtracks, and TV theme songs. Here's a random sampling:
- Ready, Steady, Go - Paul Oakenfold (Kicked off my first half marathon with this one)
- Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
- Gangnam Style - PSY
- Montage - from South Park
- Everything is Awesome - Lego Movie Soundtrack
- Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
- Beautiful Day - U2
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Running for just under 2 hours requires a lot of motivational music. Always looking for new music suggestions - leave a comment with some of your favorite running songs.
197 days left.
Today's Exercise: Rest
Eggs with Spinach